Moving out is an easy process.
There are two ways to check out.
This process is conducted through a scheduled appointment between the resident and a staff member. In the appointment the staff member will review the condition of your room, and collect your keys. By using the traditional method of checkout you reserve the right of appeal for any damage charges.
- Express.This process offers you the opportunity to complete the check out process on your own. This option places a greater responsibility on you to complete the process correctly. By using the Express check out option, you acknowledge your responsibility for any room damage charges found by a hall staff member after you check out.
Check-Out Charge Appeals
If you are assessed any check-out charges, you have the opportunity to appeal the charges online within 24 hours of your check-out. To be considered, your appeal must be completed within 24 hours after the time of check-out. Your appeal response will be sent to you via your preferred email with the University. All charges will appear on student accounts and may be paid online or at the Office of the Bursar in Signer’s Hall (PO Box 757640). Students will not be able to receive grades, register, or pay registration fees until charges imposed on an account are paid.
Check-out of your double or single room
When the staff comes to the room/apartment, they will check the resident’s room/apartment for completion of items such as the following:
- All personal belongings must be removed (prior to room inspection).
- Trash must also be removed and properly disposed.
- Room/Apartment must be cleaned. Remove all decorations.
- Sweep and vacuum the floors. Remove debris. Dispose of boxes in the outdoor trash dumpster.
- Windows must be closed.
- All furniture must be placed in the original position.
- Hall staff will assess for any damages.
- Hall staff will sign the Room Condition Report.
- Turn off lights, lock doors. No returning to the room/apartment once check out is completed.
- Return any vacuum cleaners, hand trucks and any other hall equipment borrowed from the community desk.
When does my dining plan end? What happens with my meal plan after I move out?
We do not currently offer move-out assistance or long-term storage. If you need to mail things back to you permanent residence you can find many options in the Fairbanks community.
For dates, deadline and event look to the academic calendar.
Looking to catch up on classes, or even get ahead? Then you need to check out Summer Sessions.
Charges for improper move-out
Failure to remove ALL personal belongings (if moving out) may result in additional charges. Keys not turned in at the time of move out will be charged to the student’s university account. Professional staff in the residential area have final decision over damage billing.
To request a room a change after you move in, you can use the Room Swap or Even Room Swap program.