|Graduation application deadlines:||Diploma information:||Petition types & information:|
Students are individually responsible for meeting all academic regulations and degree/certificate requirements. Students must submit an Application for Graduation during, or before, the semester they intend to graduate. See deadlines.
Graduating with Honors
Please consult UAF's policy on graduating with honors.
Finishing your requirements
In order for you to earn your degree, all requirements must be completed by the end of the semester in which you are graduating.
Incomplete or Deferred Grade
Your degree cannot be granted if you have an incomplete or deferred grade for a required course. Change of Grades must be received by the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate.
If you will be using transfer credit to complete your degree requirements, you must have an official transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar as soon as your grade(s) are available. All transcripts must be received by the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us to expect them.
CLEP test scores
If you will be using test scores to complete your degree requirements, we must receive official test scores before the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate.
Undergraduate Walk Through Commencement
Normally, students participating in the annual commencement ceremony shall have satisfactorily completed all degree requirements in the immediately preceding summer, fall or spring semesters.
However, a student who has not yet completed all degree requirements may be allowed to “walk through” the ceremony with approval of their advisor. The process is as follows:
- The student must submit a “Request to Walk Through Commencement” form on the Registrar/Graduation Services website by the late application deadline for graduation (March 15).
- The form will ask both the student and the advisor to certify that the student will complete all degree requirements in the summer or fall term immediately following commencement.
- The student must submit an application for graduation for the term in which they will actually earn their degree.
- The student will not receive a degree audit for the term in which they’re walking. They will receive an audit for the term in which they apply to graduate.
- The student’s name will appear in the commencement book as long as they have filled out a request to walk and their advisor has approved it.
Graduate Walk Through Commencement
Any master’s and Ph.D. Candidates who have not completed all aspects of their degree program, by the spring deadline, with the exception of the posting of final grades for the spring semester, are not eligible to participate in the current year’s commencement ceremony. Candidates will receive information to participate in the next year’s ceremony.
If all graduation requirements are completed by the end of the semester, the certificate/degree will be awarded within four weeks after final grades have posted. Diplomas will be sent out approximately six weeks after the end of the semester.
Once your degree is posted you can view it on your unofficial transcript on UAOnline.
Applications will be cancelled for all students who are unable to meet their graduation requirements by the end of the semester. Students must reapply for graduation for the semester they intend to graduate.
Graduation application deadlines - 2019/2020
- Fall: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019
- Spring: Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 $50 application fee.
- Late Spring Application: March 15 2020 $80 application fee.
- Summer: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
**Other offices will post deadlines for the general student populace. However, if you are a student who is currently up for graduation, these are the deadlines to which you must adhere.**
Undergraduate degree/Certificate candidates:
- Feb 17, 2020
- Applications for Graduation due by 11:59 p.m.
- Change of Majors & Admission applications for Spring 2020 graduation applicants due by 5 p.m.
- May 6, 2020
- Petitions, memos, & advisor elective approvals due by 5 p.m.
- All test scores (i.e. CLEP, Library Skills competency, etc.) due by 5 p.m.
- Official transcripts from other institutions due by 5 p.m. (including coursework that you recently completed or are currently enrolled in that has not been transferred to UAF)
- Change of Grade (including incomplete or deferred) due by 5 p.m.
- Grades due by noon (12 p.m.)
Graduate degree candidates:
Please review Graduate School dates and deadlines.