Incoming non-first-year application
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 guide
Housing applications open January 22, 2019
Assignments begin March 1, 2019
- UA username and password
- Review halls and rates
- Building preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
- Review hall descriptions and floor plans
- Room types
- DOUBLE - A room built for two and occupied by two
- SINGLE - A room built for one and occupied by one; limited availability
- SUPER-SINGLE - A room built for two but occupied by one; limited availability
- Rates for the 2019/2020 academic year
- A $25 programming fee will be applied to your UAF account when your housing fees are applied.
- Meal plan
- All residents of Bartlett, Lathrop, Stevents, Nerland, McIntosh, Wickersham and Cutler are are required to purchase a meal plan.
- Review the meal plan options
- Although meal plans are chosen through the housing website, please direct all meal plan questions to Dining Services at 907-474-6661 or email email@example.com.
- Communication between housing and students
- All communication is through your preferred email account as designated on UAOnline!
- We may also need to call you, please make sure you have your mobile phone designated on UAOnline. Please make sure you set up your voicemail to receive important messages.
- We can also text you important dates and package notifications. Please provide us with your mobile carrier on your housing application if you want to receive this notices.
Deposit and application fee payment
Read all the instructions before applying.
- If you are under 18 or cannot pay your housing deposit/application fee with a credit card, you cannot use our online application system, please call 907-474-7247 to get access to our paper housing application.
- Have the credit card ready you plan to pay your housing deposit ($315.00, refundable)
and application fee ($40.00, non-refundable) with.
- Please note: If you fulfill your housing agreement and do not have any outstanding fees on your UA account when you move out, this credit card will have the deposit credited back to it.
- Follow the path of logging intoUAOnline > Student Services & Account Information>
Campus Housing, Dining and Post Office Link >UAF Link > Applications and Forms > Housing
Eligibility Application > Select Incoming First Year Housing Application and Submit.
- Incoming Non-First Year Application Steps:
- Sign Housing and Dining Agreement
- Answer Housing Questions
- Hall/Room Type Preferences
- Pay $355.00 Housing Deposit and Application Fee
- Next Steps and Receipt
- Incoming Non-First Year Application Steps:
- Roommate Preferences
- Do you have a preferred roommate? After you submit a housing application, you will
be able to match yourself to a preferred roommate.
- Ensure your requested roommate has submitted a housing application.
- Follow the path of logging intoUAOnline > Student Services & Account Information >
Campus Housing, Dining, and Post Office Link >UAF Link > Room Selection > Roommate/Suitemate
and request your intended roommate (they will be sent an email that they have been
requested as a roommate). Your intended roommate will confirm your request. You are
- Only matched requests will be considered
- Roommate preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to room availability.
- Do you have a preferred roommate? After you submit a housing application, you will be able to match yourself to a preferred roommate.
Please contact the Residence Life Central Office for roommate requests or charges after you receive an assignment letter.
Updating application, hall/room preferences, roommates or canceling your housing application
- Do not wait for friends to apply together, go ahead and submit your application as soon as you are admitted to the university.
- If you would like to cancel you housing application, please submit a housing cancellation form (PDF). You may forfeit your deposit and may be subject to room fees. Please see your housing agreement for details.
- After submitting your housing application, please contact the Residence Life Central Office to update your application preference.
- Assignments are made based upon the student's application complete date (earliest first).
- If you are matched with a roommate, assignments will be based on application complete date and hall preferences of the group creator.
- Hall preferences will be reviewed in the order listed on a student's application. Assignments will be made based on room availability.
- Assignment letters with check-in instructions will be emailed to your preferred email address as designated on UAOnline.
- Housing assignments and roommate contact information can be found on my MyHousing home page.
- Room floor plans can be found on the Residence Life website.
- Please be aware that while we do our best not to move residents after we assign them, situation outside of our control may result in your assignment changing. Rooms with vacancies may be consolidated to ensure we use our housing space efficiently.
- If you did not get assigned your preferred room type, you can participate in the Room Change Lottery start one week after hall opening and occur every two week. Please see the room change webpage for more information.
Monthly rent or semester room charges, check-out charges, ect.:
- All Fall 2019 fees are due September 6, 2019. All Spring 2020 fees are due January 24, 2019. Any fee placed on your account after the semester fee payment deadline, are due within seven business days.
- How do you pay your fees?
- In person
- The cashier's windows of the Office of the Bursar on the 1st floor of Signers' Hall, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., or Weds., 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (please specify that your payment is for Housing).
- By mail
- Send checks payable to "UAF", clearly marked to ensure it is credited to the proper
student account, to:
UAF Office of the Bursar
P.O. Box 757640
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7640
Note: A $30 charge and a hold will be placed on your account for returned checks. This will prevent you from registering, viewing grades, receiving transcripts and from graduation activity.
- Send checks payable to "UAF", clearly marked to ensure it is credited to the proper student account, to:
- Students can make payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on-line. Log into UAOnline to pay with all major credit cards or a checking account. Please note that a 2.75% ($3 minimum) transaction fee will be applied to all credit and debit card transactions. If you are paying with a debit card or have a daily limit on your credit card, contact your bank to tell them you are paying university tuition and fees to ensure your card won't be declined.
- Wire transfer
- Contact the Office of the Bursar for UAF banking information at 907-474-7384. Ensure the financial institution references the student name and ID number so we can apply the payment to the right person. Please allow at least two weeks for the wire transfers to post to your student account.
- In person